Pannier introduced the bar code metal tag in the 1980s as an alternative to less durable paper and plastic labels. Our specially coated laser printable tags are made to withstand extreme industrial processes in the metals, automotive, oil & gas industries.
Bar Coding in the Harshest Environments
Metal tags perform reliably in the most harsh manufacturing environments. Metal tags:
- can be applied to red-hot products in excess of 1800°F
- withstand immersion in acids, oils, water, and other fluids
- are rigid and can be securely attached to products with uneven surfaces or products that have oil or moisture on the surface
- will not tear, deteriorate, or fall off during handling, processing, or shipping
- withstand prolonged exposure to weather conditions such as heat, salt, humidity, and UV rays
Tags can be ordered pre-printed or blank for use with Pannier Metal Tag Printers. Information such as text, graphics, bar codes, and 2D codes can be printed in seconds. Tags are supplied in coiled form, nicked and notched for easy separation after printing.
MCL1000 Elevated Temperature Steel Tags
Withstand temperatures up to 1000°F/550°C and mild acid solutions.
MCL1800 High Temperature Steel Tags
Withstand temperatures up to 1800°F/1000°C and mild acid solutions.
MCL1000AL Aluminum Tags
Withstand temperatures up to 1000ºF/550°C for extended periods.
MCL1200AL High Temperature Aluminum Tags
Withstand temperatures up to 1200ºF/650°C for extended periods.
MCL1000A Acid Resistant Steel Tags
Withstand temperatures up to 1000ºF/540°C and immersion in cleaning, pickling, and galvanizing baths.
MCL1800A Acid Resistant Steel Tags
Withstand temperatures up to 1800ºF/1000°C and immersion in cleaning, pickling, and galvanizing baths. Download the data sheet.
Pannier’s Ultra Durable black anodized aluminum tags offer high contrast printing and superior UV resistance.
- asset tagging
- valve and pipe labeling
- product nameplates
- one or more holes
- slots for attaching to strapping/banding
- bare edges for welding
- permanent adhesive backing
- colored pre-printing
- pre-printed messages on backside
- multi-part tags
- single or coiled