Dot peen marking is a fast and error-free solution for permanent marking on metal tags and plates. Create light engraved marks, deep marks, or embossing on a wide variety of metal tag materials. Let Pannier help you build your ideal tag marking system.
- Dot peen marking technology enables high quality marking on nearly any plate
- Setup is fast and easy with the AC500 touchscreen controller
- Multiple programming options for error-free data entry
Great for marking:
- asset and equipment tags
- machine serial plates
- valve and pipe maintenance tags
- cable and hose tags
The AC500 touchscreen controller makes setup and data entry easy. Its simple interface is as intuitive as a smartphone.
Marking Pattern Setup
Create marking patterns step-by-step with fields containing text, automatic serial numbers, date and time codes, and 2D Data Matrix codes. Preview a pattern on the screen to check the layout, then simply click and drag fields to move or resize them. Mark any character size using the included fonts or custom fonts.
Data Entry Methods
- Manually type data with the AC500
- Use automatic serial numbering and date coding
- Store and select common reusable text
- Import data from a .CSV file using Pannier’s Simple Spreadsheet Application
- Automatically receive data from a PC, PLC, or host system
- Capture data from a bar code scanner
Several sizes of marking heads are available to accommodate the marking area needed for your tags.
ADP5090 (50 x 90mm / 2″ x 3.5″)
ADP120160 (120 x 160mm / 4.7″ x 6.3″)
ADP300400 (300 x 400mm / 11.8″ x 15.7″)
Tag Holding Fixtures
Pannier offers several standard tag holding fixtures. The most common fixture holds one tag up to 3.75″ x 5.75″ (95mm x 146mm). We can manufacture custom sizes for your specific needs.
The long-lasting, carbide marking pins can mark a variety of materials including plastic, aluminum, brass, carbon steel, and stainless steel. Use a vibropeen pin for fast, light engraving or the dot peen pins for deeper engraving or embossing metal tags. Call us for a recommendation.