Automated mark & track systems for metal producers ensure foolproof product tracking while creating safe and efficient work environments in the mill. Automatic tag printing and attaching systems apply Pannier MCL1800 high temperature bar code tags to billets, slabs, bundles, and coils immediately after processing.
- Metal tags and attaching pins are cost-effective and 100% recyclable
- Laser tag printing – without ink or ribbons – enables ultra-fast cycle times
- Fully-enclosed systems are >99% reliable with low maintenance requirements
Integration of a marking system with a mill’s existing process automation system dramatically increases reliability in product tracking and inventory control.
- Automatic printing and attaching of tags with text, bar codes, and 2D codes
- Built-in weld checking and reissue protocol reduces risk of tag loss
- Immediate bar code scanning and verification ensure accuracy
The use of bar code or 2D code scanners downstream eliminates product mix-ups. High-contrast tags are easily scanned at the reheat furnace and remain scannable even after months in the inventory yard.