Fully automated mark & track systems for metal producers ensure 100% reliable product tracking while creating efficient and safe working environments in the mill. Automatic tag printing and attaching systems apply high temperature bar code tags to billets, slabs, or plates immediately after cutting.
- Fully automated systems use a robot to weld tags onto hot metals
- Designed to operate in hot, dirty mill environments
- Provides reliable product identification to prevent inventory and shipping errors
A Complete Solution
An automated mark & track system communicates with the mill’s existing automation system for error-free product identification. A system includes the following components:
- Laser printer prints high-temperature metal tags with real-time tracking information
- Robotic attaching system picks up tag and welds onto hot steel surface
- Code verifier scans and verifies bar code or 2D code
The use of bar code or 2D code scanners in downstream manufacturing processes and in the inventory area eliminates product mix-ups. Scanners may be hand-held, mounted in a fixed location, or mounted on material handling equipment.