Numbering heads are ideal for quick, easy serial numbering and message changing when mounted to a Mark-First® Impact Press or your own press. Characters are changed by simply turning the wheels – there is no need to remove the device from the press. The wheels feature right-reading character indicators allowing the operator to see which characters are in marking position. Manufactured from top-quality steel and heat treated for long life.
MB14 Manual Numbering Heads – Locking mechanisms keep each wheel in place. After unlocking, wheels can be turned by hand or with optional levers.
MB2 Automatic Numbering Heads – Heads with up to six automatically indexing wheels make serial numbering fast and easy.
- Available with up to 20 marking wheels
- Standard character sizes: 1/16″, 3/32″, 1/8″, 3/16″ (1.6, 2.4, 3.2, 4.8 mm)
- Maximum of 11 or 14 characters per wheel (see chart below)
- Standard 0-9 character wheels or custom wheels with any combination of letters, numbers, punctuation, and symbols
- Standard, semi-condensed, and condensed character styles
- Index after each stroke or after every 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th stroke (not changeable)
Use the chart below to calculate the total length of your message based on the character style, character size, and number of characters needed (millimeters).